TOPlist

The story of the player not equipped for the EFL despite 14

Diskuze o všem, co se týká seriálu.

The story of the player not equipped for the EFL despite 14

Příspěvekod kema cooll » 27 lis 2017 14:39

Obrázek
Having spent 14 years on the books at Arsenal, Conor Henderson could have been forgiven for believing he was well equipped for a good career in the Football League after failing to make the Gunners’ first team. But the reality was quite different.
Henderson joined Arsenal as an eight-year-old and climbed his way right through the ranks to represent the first team in 2011, when he played the full 90 minutes of an FA Cup tie against Leyton Orient.
Arsene Wenger said he was “technically at the level” required to make it at Arsenal, while Jack Wilshere described him as the “next Irish superstar”, but Henderson damaged his knee ligaments that summer and never played for the club again.
He left Emirates Stadium for Hull City in 2013, ทางเข้า sbo aged 21, but the midfielder struggled to adapt to football away from his boyhood club, failing to break into the Tigers’ XI before enduring spells at Crawley Town and Grimsby Town which were only marginally more successful.
“I was nearly 22 (when I left Arsenal) and I’d only made one appearance so it was a feeling that I had to go, not wanting to go,” Henderson says.
“But for the next three or four years I found it hard to adapt to what other clubs want and they way they play.
“From eight to 21, I’d learned to play one way, and then it hit me really quick that not many other teams play this way and not many managers want to play this way.
kema cooll

Zpět na Všeobecná diskuze